We must pay attention to the times that we are in and take every situation very seriously. Our future, our freedom, and very lives are at stake.
Lana Vawser from Australia said, “There is a fight for the destiny of the USA right now. The destiny of America hangs in the balance. The Lord is calling His people to arise and pray for the United States of America. It is time to contend.” (Click here to read this powerful article.)
America urgently needs God’s extraordinary intervention. Not only do we need God’s hand of protection, but we need revival to take place and believe for millions to come to Christ.
We can not be “Lukewarm Christians” just sitting back expecting everything to be ok while someone else makes sacrifices and pleads to God.
Spiritual Battle – We are in the Army of God!
We are fighting a spiritual battle, and a very serious one indeed. “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Ephesians 6:20
Our government is not to blame, neither are the people, but it is the real enemy. Satan and his demons are behind every evil work. We as Christians are not to just stand around and talk about it, or even complain about what is taking place, but WE are the ones that must bring change with the power of God working through us.
This is not a call out of fear, so please do not take this as such. This is a call for us as believers to take our rightful stance and use our authority to take back what belongs to us. We have dominion and we are to destroy the works of the devil. Our very lives and future, as well as friends and families depend on the Grace and Mercy from our Lord.
He is a God who has promised to hear the prayers of His saints. Psalm 107:19, 20: “Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.”
So what can WE do?
We are ALL called to pray! (A Spiritual Weapon) God had spoken to me years ago about what needs to take place. He brought me to the scripture, “For if my people will just call upon my name, then I will hear them and heal their land.” The urgency for our Brothers and sisters to unite has been in my heart more and more, and God continuously speaks to my spirit about it. We are seeking God and asking for His mercy on behalf of this nation, which is in dire need of revival and renewal.
During this time, it is imperative that we:
Seek God by Praying and Fasting
As I continued to seek God about what we should do, he told me that not only does the Nation need to pray, but we also need to fast collectively, and He was very specific on when we should fast.
A Pray and Fast Schedule:
With the Lord’s leading we are organizing a nationwide call to pray and fast EVERY FIRST weekend (Saturday and Sunday) of EVERY month during the year of 2016. Why every FIRST weekend you ask? It is part of God’s brilliant strategic plan. So many fasts are held the very first 30 or 40 days of the new American year. Some people fast for 21 days and others just one day from sun up to sun down. Fasting with right motives and prayer are effective, however during this new season God has a VERY specific plan. He is telling us to do things a bit different because He is doing things different. There are many things happening in the spiritual realm. God can ALWAYS see what is taking place and we must trust him at His word and His strategic instructions.
Often times in the Bible, God would call people to do and say things in the natural that did not make much sense to people, but GOD knew that it would make a difference in the spirit. In the same way, the Lord is telling us to trust Him and simply obey. There are many references in the Bible where people were called to fast and pray.
This is a very strategic call from God. There are many instances in the Bible where a nation, tribe of people or person was led to fast and pray. Other times God would lead one of His children or prophets to do something in the natural which made great impact on an outcome or destiny.
In the Bible:
1. God called told Joshua to march around the city of Jericho 7 times. It didn’t seem to make much sense “naturally” but spiritually God knew that it was what needed to be done. Joshua 6
When Israel was defeated because of Achan’s sin, Joshua did not just pray before the Lord; he immediately fasted and sought God. Joshua 7
2. “So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition in fasting.” Daniel 9:3
3. Moses fasted before receiving the 10 commandments from God. Exodus 34:28
4. Ester fasted for safety for the Jews. Ester 4:15-17
5. Daniel fasted for an answer to his prayer. Daniel 10:1-3
6. Jesus fasted and was tempted in the desert by Satan, but overcame. Matt 4
7. The church elders in Antioch fasted before sending out missionaries. Acts 13:1-3
8. National fasting was called during extreme crises,plagues, or military. Judges 20:26
IT IS TIME TO UNITE
Our God is a loving and merciful God. He has called many of His prophets to fast and pray, for not only America, but other nations and countries in this world. We are asking that our brothers and sisters in Christ all across the country would unite with us and collectively lift up prayers during those specific times.
By being obedient to this call we believe it will make a tremendous impact on the destiny of our nation.
God responds to the cries of His people!
As a collective group of people, we have to remember to remain humble and not forget to humble ourselves before God as we cry out for His help. When we do, He delivers knowledge, wisdom and instruction. The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7
In Evangelist Joseph T. Larsen’s article, he stated that, “The prodigal son “came to himself,” and America must come to herself. God’s voice calls upon her to repent, confess her sins and return to the God of love and life. Mercy pleads with justice, grace pleads against judgment, truth opposes falsity, and wisdom foresees coming disaster, unless there is a change through national revival.”
When we join together in the next year, we will allow God to hear our prayers and watch Him respond. As the months go on in 2016, we ask that participants share what the Lord has said and any testimonies on how He is moving. Please join believers across the entire Nation in this focused season of prayer and fasting.
SPREAD the WORD and SHARE:
Because this is a Nationwide call, it is important that believers all across the nation participate so please spread the word.
1. Tell your church congregation, leaders, ministers, pastors, etc.
2. Share in your Bible Studies
3. Share this post on your Facebook / Instagram and other social media sites. Send by email and in any other means necessary. Here is the Facebook Page and website with more detailed information. www. PrayandFastAmerica.com
4. Tell friends and Family – Recruit them to join you and come together in unity
5. Download this postcard. You can even have them printed to pass out if you’d like.
6. Advertise with the “Pray and Fast America” t-shirt and / or Bracelet. Wear them during the times we pray and encourage others to get and wear theirs. Sharing your involvement and intentions for the fast provides significant encouragement to other believers and may well be used by God to stir many others into fasting and prayer.
Different Ways to Fast
Here are a few ways you might prayerfully consider getting involved:
- Liquids only for the entire weekend (Saturday and Sunday)
- Fasting one meal each day
- Fast from all entertainment all day, each day (No TV, Music, Phone, Social Media
- Doing a juice only fast for some portion (weekend, week, etc) of the 40 Days
- For more experienced people who fast, you can fast from all food and liquids. (Nothing to eat or drink)
Please fast however the Lord leads you to. Which ever fast you decide to do, it must be accompanied with prayer. Be intentional. You may want to use a list of specific topics to pray for.
As you pray, either individually or within a group, please pray as the Holy Spirit leads you. If you would like some guidance as far as what to pray for, here are some of the focused topics we will be praying for every weekend. You can of course add your own.
1. Repentance for the Nation (we are praying on behalf of the nation asking the Lord to forgive our sins.
2. The Defeat of Isis and other terrorist
3. Supernatural Protection and Safety for our country. Especially our brothers and sisters in Christ.
4. Other Nations (Jerusalem, Asia, Europe, Africa, etc.))
A Word of Caution
If you are fasting for the first time or are not experienced, please be sure to consult with your physician if you are: considering an extended fast; take prescription medication; or have a chronic ailment. Physical preparation makes the transition to a different eating routine a bit easier. If this is your first fast, you probably will not want to fast for the full 40 days, but rather might want to settle on a plan to fast for a portion of the 40 Days: Perhaps the first week and the last week, or for a set number of meals per week, or some other plan as you build up to longer fasts. If you have concerns related to an eating disorder, please do not enter into a fast without committed accountability and a consultation with your physician.
Sincerely in Christ, Latia Ashley